What is HOPS ?

marsman 09:03 25 May 06

I have a US Robotics router, I'm thinking of using static IP Addresses; it asks for HOPS in the config box, what is HOPS?

ade.h 15:16 25 May 06

Is this the same USR router that you recommended recently, saying it was really easy to set up....?

Anyway, I can't find any reference to HOPS apart from the obvious beer-related type. Doesn't the manual explain what it means?

marsman 15:43 25 May 06

And there's me thinking you were the expert, for your information, it is easy to set up, I noticed this HOPS on the static IP address and had never come across it before, for your information, it is the number of routers between the WAN router and the outside world. The US Robotics router comes with a built in print server, something I would have thought most people would want since unless they had an ethernet printer, they would have to fire up any other PC that the USB printer was connected to to print. You only need to look at the threads to see the problems people have with Belkins, so I would have a thought a alternatice would be the US Robotics. But thanks for your help anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…