What is Hitman Pro used for

ponytail 08:18 10 Jul 14
Answered

Can someone give me some info about the program Hitman Pro ie what it does is it any good and can it run along side other similar programs

ponytail 08:25 10 Jul 14

Saw this in Google click here mentions something about a free scan not sure what means

It

onthelimit1 08:36 10 Jul 14

I've found it to be a useful tool for winkling out difficult bugs that MBAM doesn't clear. As mentioned, it's only free for a month, so using it as a one time scanner is fine.

ponytail 11:21 10 Jul 14

Have just done a scan with Hitman Pro and although it said no threats found it listed the following which I have never heard of Sweet IM Sweet Packs checked on Google and saw this click here went into control panel program and features but Sweet IM was not listed so unable to remove them.Any ideas. Thanks.

bumpkin 11:51 10 Jul 14

I had something called sweetpacks or something very similar which was indeed a virus.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:32 10 Jul 14

Hitman Pro is a stand alone scanner that can be used in conjunction with your existing Antivirus and antimalware.

The free trial will remove any problems it finds for the first month after that it will still find problems but not remove them

Very useful as a weekly backup scanner to your other protection.

Sweetpacks is "crapware" (or PUP Potentially Unwanted Program )purporting to give you icons etc. comes packaged with other programs you may have downloaded. It runs in the background, monitors your computer behaviour and takes up hard drive space, memory and cpu process therefore slows down your machine. Best to get rid of it.

Adwcleaner a free standalone cleaner should remove it and possibly find and remove any other PUPs you may have.

ponytail 12:41 10 Jul 14

I am now going going to install Ad wcleaner and also run a scan on malwarebytes and see what happens. jock1e had no option to delete it. bumpkin what did you do to get rid of it

Thanks for the advice

lotvic 13:23 10 Jul 14

Well stuff it, I've tried twice to post instructions to remove the residual damage from the browsers and PCA think I'm posting spam. Ahggg I give up.

bumpkin 13:39 10 Jul 14

ponytail, quite a while ago but I think ADW. Pity lotvic is having problems.

bumpkin 13:42 10 Jul 14

As pointed out Malware not actually a virus as I stated.

Woolwell 18:01 10 Jul 14

lotvic can you post as a tinyurl. That usually works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017