What The Hell Is going On with AVG??!!

Manfatha 23:36 17 Jan 05

Howdy folks, After installing AVG's Version 7 update, my computer now does this when starting up;Loads Windows, then the Dialup connection window pops up (I'm on 1meg Pipex BB)once the connection is made,I'm getting another Window opening that says, C:\Documents and Settings\Allusers\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MyHTA. The Window is full of heiroglyphics & nonsense. Also when logging off windows the PC sometimes just hangs, and eventually restarts itself. I can then shutdown as normal. I've looked at other threads regarding AVG problems & it semms like I'm not alone on this! Any suggestions? Ta, Manfatha.

johnnyrocker 23:40 17 Jan 05

well i put in avg 7 and not a glitch, if your machine is trying to dial up and you are on broadband you need to go to control panel/internet options 5th tag along connections and set to never dial a connection prob solved.

cheers johnny.

Technotiger 23:41 17 Jan 05

Hi, I would advise running all/any Ad-Aware/Spyware stuff you have on your pc.
Might clear things up.
I have not had any problems at all with AVG7, I think it is great, much better than 6.
Using WinXP with SP2.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…