What have Nulsoft done to WinAmp 3?

wetterfugal™ 00:43 28 Mar 03

I can't get the hang of organising playlists but what I realy want to know is when converting mp3 to WAV where do you set the folder where the output plugin puts the wav files?

I have just downloaded WinAmp 2 and I cant find it in this version either now, I go to Preferences/Plugins/Output/waveOut output v 2.0.1 that used to fire up a dialogue asking for the folder to save them in, but no more. What am I missing?

I also have a problem with my burning software, WinOnCD 3.6. It will not work on XP, so I am new to NERO 5 which came with the writer. Is NERO able to convert to wav or have you to feed them to it.

ton 00:53 28 Mar 03

Nero can convert to wave. It can also make mp3's, or mp3pro's which are better and half the size.
For mp3pro you can record a limited number, then you need to buy the plug-in (about £9 0r £10).

wetterfugal™ 01:06 28 Mar 03

If NERO can convert that will solve my problem, I could fing nothing in the help files and it is not obvious looking through the menus, I could look at Ahead's website for a tutorial, perhps you could give me a clue?

Thank for info. Vic A.

wetterfugal™ 01:06 28 Mar 03

If NERO can convert that will solve my problem, I could fing nothing in the help files and it is not obvious looking through the menus, I could look at Ahead's website for a tutorial, perhps you could give me a clue?

Thank for info. Vic A.

wetterfugal™ 01:08 28 Mar 03

:-}

powerless 01:54 28 Mar 03

In NERO go to > Extras > File Encoding...

Click ADD and locate your file...

Then choose the file type which you want it to be converted to be selecting from the list at "Output File Format"...

You can change the quailty of the file by clicking SETTINGS...

Then (if you want) Change the location of the file where it will be placed, when it has done encoding by clicking the TARGET FILE (little square thing on the right)...

Then click GO.

Time it takes depend on the speed of your computer.

wetterfugal™ 01:55 28 Mar 03

I have sussed out the folder to save the wav files to in version 2.81 but not v 3. so that has been resolved but I still need help with NERO 5.

wetterfugal™ 02:00 28 Mar 03

Right, I shall look at that now. looks like I am getting somewhere thank to the help I have had.

regards, Vic A.

leo49 02:24 28 Mar 03

You can if you wish leave the conversion from MP3 to .wav to Nero to do prior to burning.

Open Nero and if you don't wish to use the Wizard[as you get more control over settings without it], banish him.

You'll get the New Compilation dialog box. Let's assume for this that you've already saved the tracks as .wavs OR .mp3 on your HDD. Running down the left hand side is a panel containing the various flavours of burnable discs with CD ROM[ISO] highlighted by default. Click on the icon AUDIO CD. The dialog box changes to the Audio interface.

Check in the box "Write Text On CD" [if your Hifi player supports text]and then type in the various CD Title,Artist,etc boxes the relevant details.

Then click "New". The Explorer-type pane opens and you can drag'n drop from the righthand file browser into the lefthand compilation window. Having assembled your album, highlight all but track 1 by clicking the 2nd and last track while holding down shift. Right click and choose Properties. In the dialog box by changing the 2 to 0 in the Pause box it eliminates the extra 2 second gap that Nero puts in.[You can't do it for the 1st track].

Once satisfied,click OK. Then in the top left Explorer pane click File/Write CD. In the resulting dialog box ensure Finalize CD is checked, select your writing speed, and method[Disc at once]. Then click Write and when prompted close the CD Writer tray with the target blank disc and you're away.

Regards

leo49 02:27 28 Mar 03

There's also a relatively simplified 'Quick start' pdf available for download from Nero

click here

wetterfugal™ 02:54 28 Mar 03

Wow that PDF will be a godsend, I have carried out Powerless's instructions an fed in 62 mp3's, It ran through them quite fast up to 37 then crashed. Reloading NERO gave me an error "InCD has tried to access to many Disks and NERO will closedown" I think maybe I should have converted a nomal quantity for a disk, 22 0r so, depending on file size.

It is interesting what you said that NERO could do the conversion prior to burning, I do not know why I thought that WinOnCD was so good, though it does have a good wave editor, I was able to burn Richard Burtons "War of the Worlds" on to two disks over 900MB of WAV file, I easily found a silent point about half way round and split into two 460MEG files [aprox]

Well thanks for all your help guys n gals, I will just download that PDF and call it a day, I will fall asleep listening to the war news on the BBC World Service,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…