What has Norton Internet Security done this time?

Red Devil 23:11 20 Jan 05

I am getting absoutely hacked off with this piece of crap software.

After having found out that it is so badly designed that the folder installed in the programs folder cannot be moved without it reporting an error, it's now just gone and deleted all my mail rules in Outlook Express!

Seeing as I had over 100 which I have painstakingly set up over the last 2 years I am just ever so slightly hacked off with it.

Plus the rule that the Anti-Spam part of the pachage installs in Outlook Express can be neither moved nor deleted which coupled with the fact that Norton Anti-Spam is not worth using has made my mind up.

I will most certainly not be buying this program again when it comes time to update!!

johnnyrocker 23:21 20 Jan 05

a free av which has received very favourable responses is avg 7 free edition and i have used it through 5 6 7 versions with very little probs,
i suggest if you are using xp you may be able to system restore prior to norton performing it's naughties.
good luck.

johnny.

Red Devil 23:37 20 Jan 05

Did exactly that with system restore. Had to go back to one that was done yesterday to get it working again.

Will consider AVG. I have downloaded it and reccommend it to anyone who wants anti-virus on the cheap. Might have to dust off Zone Alarm or Sygate Personal Firewall too.

The funniest thing - in a non ha-ha way - is that I don't even use Norton's Anti-Spam as I don't like it's controls, I use Spampal instead.

It still deleted all my mail rules - twice - and then reported that it had finished "configuring" Outlook Express for me!

johnnyrocker 23:40 20 Jan 05

i run sygate pro and it is quite happy with avg, i would not recommend za and sygate together as you may be defeating the object of the excercise.

johnny.

maz2 23:47 20 Jan 05

I have Trend Micro Internet Security 2005 and have no trouble with it, as I have to PC's on a wireless network it is very handy as it configures the 2 PC's automatically, been using Trend for a couple of years now and never had a problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced