WHAT HAPPENS TO MY WIN 98 SE UPDATES WHEN I DO A ?

SANAP 17:52 04 Nov 03

I am getting to the stage where I do my annual re-install but just reaslised I will lose all those widows updates!! Is there a site where I can get them and save or do I have to go back to WINDOWS UPDATE at microsoft??

If this is the case I may defer my clean re-install!!

sanap

powerless 17:54 04 Nov 03
  SANAP 22:53 04 Nov 03

What a fantastic answer, I never knew u could do this and I am so gald I asked, thank you very much. But how do you download them to the PC when u want them or is that obivious when the time comes?

sanap

rosyred 23:12 04 Nov 03

just bumped this for me ....thanks

denchris 16:22 05 Nov 03

Am I missing something ? The thread implied win98... ( I have an active interest. !! )

powerless 16:33 05 Nov 03

"But how do you download them to the PC when u want them or is that obivious when the time comes?" - If you download all updates at once, the they in which they will be arranged on your PC, in their folders is a little stupid. You be doing endless clicking.

It's best to go into all the folders and pull out the update and then just pop it over to the CD. That way when you need to install an update you could just follow the list. They should be all in oreder, numerically. Also with the update there is a link and if you click this link it will take to the MS website where you will find out more about the update. Up to you how you do it...

denchris - Look at image 5 and you'll see that all Windows Operating systems are listed, well if you were to scroll down you will see Windows 98.

The images were captured on a Windows XP machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…