What graphics card do I need?

TommyRed 22:08 15 Jun 03

My daughter bought me 'Ghost Recon' for Fathers Day but it won't play, it'll install but nada in the play dept. Looking on the box it says you need a 16Mb 3D card, as I don't have one can anyone suggest a card suitable for the task that'll also be suitable for 'Medal of Honor:Allied Assualt'. I don't need anything too fancy. Also advice on fitting, I installed my own CD-RW so I'm not a complete novice, and recommended outlets for purchase.
Cheers
TR

sneek 22:19 15 Jun 03

geforce 4 mx440 u must also check if its a pci slot or agp the card seems to play games ok and there very cheap but if your willing to pay more the better it shall be dont buy from pc world as there a right rip

PSF 22:32 15 Jun 03

How much do have have in your budget for the card? Graphics cards go from £30-£300+.

click here There is a wide choice here.

Do you have an AGP slot on your motherboard?

Giggle n' Bits 22:36 15 Jun 03

my click here !

Ironman556 22:39 15 Jun 03

If you don't have a 16 MB card then the motherboard will probably not support the latest cards. The ATI Rage 128 32MB click here (but avaliable from other places) will probably do the job nicely at a littl over £20. Check you've got an AGP slot first though.

TommyRed 22:49 15 Jun 03

Ironman556
How do I check if I've got an AGP slot?
TR

PSF 22:55 15 Jun 03

click here

Download Aida32 Personal System.
It will tell you exactly what you have in your system.

Paranoid Android 13:36 16 Jun 03

TommyRed - take the case off and look at the motherboard. (You will need to do this to change the card, so you might as well get used to it now.)

Reading from the top (nearest to CPU)....

AGP slot is dark brown.
PCI slots are off white.
ISA slots are black.

Marvin

TommyRed 16:21 16 Jun 03

Paranoid Android,
Had a look inside, as suggested, found the dark brown AGP slot. It appears to have something in it, a board about half way along the slot which looks like it could be attached to the modem. The incoming Modem cable socket appears to be joined to it. What now?
TR

hugh-265156 16:41 16 Jun 03

this might help explain a bit click here#

hugh-265156 16:44 16 Jun 03

note /its a bit out of date regards the cpu but the agp slot is what your looking for and will be the same

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…