What graphics card is best for me?

Sticksmith 14:52 13 Oct 06

Hey, i have a PC running on an AMD Duron 1.1 and my computer is about 4ish years old (old i know). But my current graphics are built into my motherboard. was wondering if anyone out there could help me out, am i still able to buy a card or should invest in buying/building a new computer

zincy 15:09 13 Oct 06

what are you looking to play?
If any half decent game, then maybe best to get a new system instead

zincy 15:09 13 Oct 06

what are you looking to play?
If any half decent game, then maybe best to get a new system instead

Sticksmith 15:11 13 Oct 06

Well anything half decent to be honest, (call of duty, postal 2, lord of the righs: battle for middle earth)

sean-278262 20:09 13 Oct 06

Sorry sticksmith its a new computer for you. All of those games are not going to like your old duron. However you can possibly get a decent machine for less than £500 and just keep your keyboard, mouse and monitor and go for a base unit which is cheaper.

click here
would do it minus the monitor and plus more ram, slightly faster CPU and a better GFX card.

Strawballs 21:58 13 Oct 06

click here you could go for something like this then buy a graphics card and swap your optical drives.

Sticksmith 10:44 16 Oct 06

Hey thanks for the info everyone. that system on novatech looks cool i think i might just might have a look at investing into that. thanks again everybody.

Strawballs 22:18 16 Oct 06

Don't forget if you go for the barebones from Novatech that you will have to add a hard drive (about £40 for an 80 gig) or transfer yours and get a new copy of windows if yours is OEM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…