What graphics card? Advent DT1308 and Skyrim

inspirationfilms 16:07 11 Nov 11

Hi I have an Advent DT1308 System spec at this link:

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/1286893/advent-dt1308/specifications

I really want to play Skyrim but seem limited with graphics cards due to the 300w power supply. If I need to change the power supply I am willing to do so but have no idea on compatibility?

On system checker websited the onboard intel HD graphics seem to be sufficient? 1.4GB pixel shader 4 etc but also say I fail on those points?

Any help would be amazing.

retep888™ 17:07 11 Nov 11

Skyrim system requirement click here

Recommended Graphic card Gtx550ti click here

Recommended PSU minimum 400W but I'd say 500W click here

inspirationfilms 11:15 14 Nov 11

Thank you for those suggestions. When it comes to power supplies are you limited to what you can put in a machine by any other components? I am wary of doing anything that might compromise the other hardware or cause overheating etc?

I already installed this unit in my old pc would it be compatable with my new computer?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/600w-cit-atx-power-supply-256613

CIT 600w psu 12v rails

retep888™ 01:01 16 Nov 11

If you intended to use the Gtx550ti, this card requires minimum 400W & continuous current rating of 24 Amps in single +12 rail, your "CIT 600w psu " has dual rails of continuous current rating of 18 Amps each only even though it has 600 wattage.

Don't be so focused on the power supply's wattage. Meeting the minimum +12 Volt continuous current rating is much more important because if it is not met the CPU and graphics card won't function properly no matter how high the power supply's wattage is.

Corsair 500W CX V2 PSU click here Specification click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…