what graphics card

bradnick 09:14 17 Feb 06

Hi there
Just bought an asrock K7S8X motherboard and need an agp graphics card,the agp slot says 8x and the manual says no 3.3v card to be used, what i need is a cheap and cheerful card but i dont have a clue what i need, any suggestions would be great, thanx

De Marcus™ 09:18 17 Feb 06

How cheap, how cheerful?

bradnick 09:19 17 Feb 06

it would only be used for the monitor display and not games, cheers

De Marcus™ 09:29 17 Feb 06

Then how about a free AGPx8 XFX GeForce FX5200?

It has the usual VGA/DVI, VIVO and is passively cooled so it's silent. It's more than capable for what you want and will play a few old games if need be.

It's a spare one from a machine that's since been sold on a long time ago and if I remember rightly it was also used in a K7S8X, if it's any good let me know.

bradnick 09:32 17 Feb 06

Thanks very much for your offer it sounds like its to good to be true,I realy appreciate your offer and would be glad to accept it.Thanks

De Marcus™ 09:36 17 Feb 06

No probs bradnick, I'm awash with spare PC parts, most go to the scouts round the corner from me.

Use the yellow envelope next to my name to send me your details of where it should be sent. Unfortunately I'm chained to my pc all day so I'll post it off tomorrow.

De Marcus™ 00:04 18 Feb 06

I managed to get this posted at 5:00pm today but missed the final collection I think. I couldn't find the original driver disk so I included the latest stable drivers from the Nvidia website and to fill the disk up a few of their demos for this card, you should also find a VGA to DVI converter incase you need it and the original recipt is in there too, there's quite a while left on the warranty so if you have any problems with it you can get straight in touch with the retailer although it has been used and found to be in perfect working order.

Best Wishes

DM

Mytob 00:42 18 Feb 06

id go for a geforce series one as iv had problems with the ati drivers under windows and well i ant even get them goin under liux! never had any probs with nvidia on either os.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac