What Is Google-Analytics

EARLR 12:39 26 May 08

and why am I waiting for it?
When I am on some websites I have to wait on Google-Analytics for the page to load.
Does anyone know what it is.

Thanks

Horik 12:44 26 May 08

Not sure but I don't trust it.

I have Firefox with the NoScript addon set to block Goggle Analytics. Pages load fine without it being allowed.

tullie 12:46 26 May 08

Dont know,i use google all the time and not come across this

anchor 12:52 26 May 08

Answer direct from Google.

click here

EARLR 16:16 26 May 08

Horik I use Firefox as well.Where is that Add on?

badhair1963 18:15 26 May 08

I used to have exactly the same problem. In some cases it would actually prevent the page from loading. I got around it by installing Adblock Plus click here and setting it to block "*google-analytics*" (without the quotes).

This has been, by far, the filter with the greatest number of hits (over 35k since I last cleared my cache). I've found that I can load pages much faster with it blocked.

EARLR 18:49 26 May 08

I´ll try it.

Horik 18:53 26 May 08

It's here:

click here

You have to give permission to each site you visit; a bit of a pain but worth it to know the only stuff you see is what you want to see.

In conjunction with adblock plus click here you'll find yourself well protected from ads and other nasties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…