What good security programmes?

hawthorn59 14:07 17 May 04

Hi again!

On my new pc I have little protection except Spybot Searcg & Destroy, so would appreciate your recommendations as to what I should download.

I have read good reports on Ad-Aware. I also would like to know what you suggest on e-mail/spam programmes. I think I read of Mailwasher?

What else should I have? I have Norton System Works also.

I do find Spybot a bit daunting and as yet havent fixed anything! Some problems seemed to include Works!!??

I could post the results f anyone wishes.

Many thanks

Pesala 17:23 17 May 04

This encrypts senstive documents in a container file and assigns a drive letter to it. To open the secure drive you have to enter a password. Much easier than entering a password for each file that you want to protect. If the encrypted drive is closed, it is invisible to Windows Explorer even with "Show hidden files" enabled.

Belatucadrus 17:54 17 May 04

Anti Virus :- avast4 click here Antivir click here AVG antivirus click here , BitDefender click here

Virus cleaning tools :- avast virus cleaner click here , AVERT Stinger click here

Firewalls :- Kerio4 click here Sygate click here ZoneAlarm click here , Outpost free click here , LookNstop lite click here (This link is direct to the download )

Anti Spyware :- Spywareblaster/guard click here Adaware click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…