what is going on!!!!!!!!!help

leooleo 19:39 26 Nov 03

I've built my first pc, installed xp and all went well. but now i'm stuck. I went to download free version of avg antivirus. run it and found dllhost.exe infected with a worm. contacted microsoft who said to reinstall os. done so, went to redownload avg and now i have that worm plus more. also the pc keeps beeping evry now and then. one just now, then it crushes. anyone have a clue of what's going on? i've reinstalled xp 6 times already. i had enough!!!
please help...

l.

Forum Editor 19:48 26 Nov 03

It sounds as though you may have been infected by the Blaster worm virus while you were online, and you'll need to download a patch from the Microsoft Windows Update page.

For more information
click here

dfghjkl 19:58 26 Nov 03

i leave modem unplugged then reformat and install then load firewall and avg then blaster patch then load isp then you should be ok,it happened to me

obbit 21:26 26 Nov 03

click here

click on the "windows virus alert" at the right hand top of page and follow all instructions.

the lone cloner 21:53 26 Nov 03

make sure you disable the xp firewall before you install another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…