What is "ftpav.ca.com"

six-h 19:48 09 Mar 05

yesterday I was quick enough to be able to right click on the computer icon that momentarily appears in the system tray and a window entitled Anti Virus Download Monitor appeared stating"downloading from FTP site,ftpav.ca.com"
My computer is not and never has been connected to the internet-I use the college machines for this! Do I have a virus?? or what is happening?

Carpigiani 20:02 09 Mar 05

It is the site used by eTrust anti-virus to update itself.

ashdav 20:05 09 Mar 05
  woodchip 20:09 09 Mar 05

You do not have a VIRUS it is as above, it is trying to update but cannot as you do not have a internet connection. So do not Panic

six-h 20:24 09 Mar 05

Thank the lord for that!!Carpigiani, and others,
I do indeed have E-Trust anti virus software on my PC but Ive had the machine 18 months, what on earth has started it begging for updates now? and should I stop it, if so how?

six-h 20:28 09 Mar 05

By the way ashdav, as Im using a college computer, "Surf Control" denies me acces to your links, I will look them up when I'm in the library thanks.

six-h 20:47 09 Mar 05

a friend downloaded the above plus two updates for me yesterday.
on installing the first folder,itunes started automatically before I had installed the two updates, and copied all my media library as "AAC" format which my puny £40 player can't recognise.
I have now installed the two updates, all seems to be working fine but do I have to ask it to convert all the library yet again to mp3 (And can I specify the bit rate?)
The whole point of getting itunes was so that I could copy music (stored as wma-128kbps) to my little player as mp3's at 64kbps.
Finally itunes doesnt recognise my player which when plugged in announces it's self as drives L (player) and M (additional sd card) so far any copying is only possible by selecting files or folders in "My Music" suitably formatted, and clicking copy, which is OK but it would be nice to be able to use drag and drop.

six-h 20:51 09 Mar 05

sorry should have posted new topic. doing it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…