what free firewall is best?

triflesterms 13:10 21 Feb 07

Hi
im looking to get a firewall from somewhere but there are so many, not sure which one is the best option??

Hope someone can help?

Thanx

robbiepaul79 13:14 21 Feb 07

I went through this question last week myself tried afew different ones but one i choose to stick with was ZoneAlarm it is free and very good, it comes with a free trial 15 days to evaluate the full version i may even take it up on it as it is very good in my eyes for what ive seen so far.

I think it is included on the latest disc yet not 100% or you can try the download here
click here

Blue_Bear 13:16 21 Feb 07

I've tried a few out, and I've found ZoneAlarm to be the most comprehensive and robust

triflesterms 13:18 21 Feb 07

Couldnt get link to work??
Is the full version free to download for keeps?

tahnx

Technotiger 13:27 21 Feb 07

Hi, click here IMHO Kerio is one of the best Free firewalls. When you first use it you get 30 days of the Full Paid for version, after that it reverts to the Free version, with no fuss, the Free version is very good, much easier to use than ZA. I liked it so much I bought the full version.

tenplus1 13:57 21 Feb 07

I've tried a lot of free firewalls, some are really good, some give troubles and some are damn easy to use, but I've settled on Sygate Personal Firewall for ease of use... It may be a tad old and no-longer updated but it works great and has never given me 1 problem yet...

Here it is: click here

robbiepaul79 14:02 21 Feb 07

No you have to pay for the Full Version im afraid to say, maybe if you feel confident enough to install and uninstall the products you can try differnt ones.

Im not really wanting to go into a debate about which is best or easier all i can say is ZoneAlarm was best for me, yet shop around they are all free to try anyway :)

birdface 14:10 21 Feb 07

I would go with Technotiger,Kerio is the easiest to use,Works just like windows,Download it runs itself,No pop ups wanting you to accept or refuse other programs,Dot the simple method if you are going to download it.

Phphred 14:16 21 Feb 07

I would certainly choose Kerio over Zone Alarm!

robbiepaul79 14:23 21 Feb 07

I dont get any popups with ZoneAlarm yet this may be due to the trial of the full version ill find out in 10 days, yet i would have to agree if you are a basic user with limited knowledge maybe Kerio would be best.

triflesterms 15:42 21 Feb 07

i'll give kerio a go but where do i get it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…