what format to email photos

Rhodie 15:13 10 Feb 03

I email lots of photos/ scanned documents but the files are large if sent in jpeg format 2mb, winzipped 2mb.
What format or programme can I use to compress the files?
I use MGI photosuite, also have HP image editor which can save files in various formats i.e. giff & tiff.
Would Paintshop pro enable me to make the files smaller i.e. kilobytes as opposed to mb?

anchor 15:29 10 Feb 03

Please see main thread

click here

Cassieopia 15:32 10 Feb 03

I normally e-mail photos in jpeg but try to limit the resolution to 72 dots per inch, which is fine if the photos are to be viewed on a monitor.
some isp's won't allow large e-mails so the only thing to do if you need to send a large file is to use win zip.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:26 10 Feb 03

click here and download the free photoresizer. It is excellent and will auto resize your photos to about 30Kb with little quality loss. App of the year IMHO.

G

JoeC 18:56 10 Feb 03

on how to resize / send as email using MGI Photosuite. : }

woodchip 19:27 10 Feb 03

The format is JPG, for compression, a 130kb file in jpg will expand when you look at the pic to several Mb

y_not 20:13 10 Feb 03

Thanks for the link - just the sort of thing I was looking for

Rhodie 20:20 10 Feb 03

GANDALF <|:-)>
download photoresizer - sent myself test photo - wouldn't open - "the selected file is not a valid image file.

Rhodie 20:20 10 Feb 03

GANDALF <|:-)>
download photoresizer - sent myself test photo - wouldn't open - "the selected file is not a valid image file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…