WHAT FORMAT?

NIGEY 20:36 12 Sep 06

When i put an audio cd in my cd-rom and use windows media player to rip it to my hard drive are the ripped songs in mp3 format?
i would like all my or most my cd collection on my comp for easy playing and of course access.
if not are there any programs you guys would recomend to convert them to mp3 for space issues?
thanx in advance
Nige.

skidzy 20:41 12 Sep 06

This will explain everything you need to know.click here

Hope this helps

woodchip 21:24 12 Sep 06

Nero will rip and change them to MP3 but if it's NERO oem you will have to pay extra to continually rip and save. You have to buy the licence

skidzy 22:22 12 Sep 06

If you have MP 11

Insert Disc/Rip/Right click Rip/Select format and scroll across to mp3.

lisa02 22:29 12 Sep 06

WMP will do it fine. Just choose between mp3 or WMA if your using media player then keep them as wma, use up less space.

skidzy 22:36 12 Sep 06

I recommended mp3 simply for the fact,if uploading to say psp...they will not play wma format without the online registration and software download,admittingly using a psp is a rarity.

I always use mp3,simply for compatibility issues.I once had a mp3 player that also would not play wma,though the new one does play wma.

Just thought i would point out the psp issue.I only came across this when my son tried to play the wma files on his psp,naturally i had to convert them using Switch.click here

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…