What Firewall ?

AubreyS 19:12 12 Oct 03

Good evening all. I have a wireless network with a desktop PC and two laptops. I don't have a firewall at the moment. Would you recommend Sygate for me or anything else in preference?

dazzling 19:15 12 Oct 03

i use sygate but zone alarm is good as well and both free.darren

AubreyS 19:16 12 Oct 03

Hi Darren. Thanks for that. Would you use one without the other?

dazzling 19:25 12 Oct 03

its not that simple.i used to use zone alarm and when i changed o/s to win xp had no end of bother with it so changed to sygate and had no problems.its probably to do with machine configurations as there are hundreds on here who have xp and zone alarm and have no problems.its trial and error pick one and try it if you get no problems leave well alone.firewalls are a bit like virus scanners they can cause problems at times.darren

AubreyS 19:28 12 Oct 03

Darren. I have Norton Antivirus and have no problems at all. I don't have any type of firewall at the moment but I suppose I should have. I think I'll give Sygate a go and see what happens. Thank you very much for the advice.

BarryKeith 21:10 12 Oct 03

Just try one or the other of the available firewalls, if one doesn't work with your installed software you can always remove it and try another. Just see which works best for you.

AubreyS 21:48 12 Oct 03

Thanks BarryKeith (are you 1 or 2?) Thats just what I shall do.

Gaz 25 01:55 13 Oct 03

click here for anyone that needs help with antivirus or firewalls.

hugh-265156 02:00 13 Oct 03

outpost(free) is very good click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…