What File Extention ?

micktrish 07:03 21 Aug 04

Can someone please point me in the right direction, I have a Family Tree Program which I used on my old computer, before changing computers I backed it up using Nero 6 in the hope I could restore it on the new machine running XP Home, and again restoring it using Nero, Great it got on the system, however cannot view it as the file format is .3Gd. anybody any ideas where I can get a file converter that works on this extention, I've tried so many now I'am going gaa gaa

Hamish 09:11 21 Aug 04

Have you tried click here

Pesala 09:15 21 Aug 04

I expect you will need the old program to open this file. Unlikely to be supported by any other software. Perhaps there is some export option such as text only.

micktrish 09:39 21 Aug 04

Thanks Hamish, I've had a quick look at irfanview it looks quite promising but I'am at work at the moment so I'll let you know this evening if its successful.
Pesala, The other files I had working with it on my old Machine running ME have restored fine except for this 1 file using the .3GD format and I cannot reload/download the program......

johnnyrocker 09:40 21 Aug 04

somewhere in file details xp has the facility to put (run this file in compatability with) or else it might be known as compatability wizard sorry cant be more help.

johnny.

micktrish 09:49 21 Aug 04

Thanks johnnyrocker tried that and failed miserably....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…