What is File Extension .zm9?

Bargee 13:30 14 Jun 05

Just got a file attachment from a trusted source with the extension.zm9 & I am unable to open it. I've checked all my system settings including OE6, ZoneAlarm, Benign & MailWasher, to see if any are set to block or isolate attachments. All seems to be set correctly & .zm9 doesn't appear in any of the settings lists, nasty or normal.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Joe R 13:32 14 Jun 05
  Bargee 13:33 14 Jun 05

Sorry, forgot to add that the attachment was some 2.5Mb of pictures, presumably in the 1 file & that the attachment had an icon of an envelope & locked padlock.

Hope that sheds more light.

Joe R 13:34 14 Jun 05

Probably better for you.

click here

Bargee 13:35 14 Jun 05

Thanks, Joe R, sorted.

Bargee 14:30 14 Jun 05

Just thought I'd post the complete solution to what was happening.

.zm9 is the re naming of zip files by ZoneAlarm MailSafe as the above links explain.

I was unable to open the attachment & ZoneAlarm was not displaying the usual warning screen, however, double clicking the message in my inbox window showed that the attachment had access blocked by Outlook Express as well. By double clicking the attachment in this window, the ZoneAlarm Warning duly launched & I was able to open & save the file.

Cheers.

Joe R 14:36 14 Jun 05

Bargee,

thank you for your last posting.

It is nice to see someone, take the time, to explain the reasons for, and the way in which, it was resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…