what is a fair price.?

Joe R 19:52 30 Jul 07

I am going to start a new build P.C. for myself just before the christmas holiday season, and to help my funds, I am selling on the system I use just now.
I am looking to see what people feel is a fair price to ask.

The system comprises of, Lian Li pc65 silver aluminium case (with side window), 550 watt Aerocool purepower PSU with all sheathed cables, (still under warranty) Athlon64x3200 2.08Mhz, Epox 9NDA Ultra socket 939 Mobo, 2Gb (four x 512 MB) dual channel 400Mhz ram, (lifetime warranty), two x 160GB Maxtor diamondmax 7200rpm Drives, Pioneer Dvr-111D DVD-RW, NEC ND-3520A DVD-RW, Sony floppy drive, Aerocool cool panel (5.25 panel with 2 usb 2.0, firewire, multi card reader/writer, fan controller and 2 sata connections) Gainward 6800 Golden sample 512 Mb graphics.
LG L1915S LCD panel, Microsoft digital pro keyboard, and Microsoft wireless optical mouse, and Phillips desktop speakers.

There is also a fair bit of software which can be bundled, including XP home with CD.

All I am looking for is a fair price, for a system which is over two and a half years old, but still runs as well as the day it was assembled.
I will be gutted when I see this go, but in my case the time has come for a new system build, and the thrill of a new system booting up for the first time, has got me hooked again.

Any opinions on the price etc will be more than welcome.

Regards Joe.

Joe R 19:53 30 Jul 07

Sorry, I never stated that the ram is Geil.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:59 30 Jul 07

I would say around £200 tops. It is frightening what you can get new nowadays for 400 squid.

G

skidzy 20:08 30 Jul 07

Agree with here,GANDALF <|:-)> AMD systems have really come down now due the fact of Intel chips.

Its a shame really and i would have thought it was worth more to you than selling it.

You maybe lucky and get £250 ish,but bearing in mind what Dell and similar outlets has to offer with Monitor for around £400 ish and with warranty.

Sorry if we bring you bad news Joe :-(

frankie 20:08 30 Jul 07

be interested in that little setup myself,as my pc was fried in storms last week,

skidzy 20:17 30 Jul 07

The bidding begins Lol :-)

Joe
Have a look around Ebay to get some ideas of what something similar goes for.

pj123 20:17 30 Jul 07

I think you would be lucky to get around £200 as GANDALF <|:-)> says.

Once upon a time a long time ago it was cheaper to buy parts separately and build your own. Not any more though. My last two self build computers, (about 2 years ago) would now cost more than a ready made computer with the same specification.

Joe R 20:21 30 Jul 07

frankie,

thanks for the interest, but it will be at least a couple of months before it goes yet.

skidzy and GANDALF <|:-)>, i agree with both of you entirely, and as you both stated, the difference in hardware has rocketed enormously over the last couple of years, and the price has spiralled downwards.

This is also the main reason I want to renew my system. I normally set a budget of around £1000 every two/two and a half years, and I want to get heavily involved in video-editing, so obviously need something a bit more powerful.

Thank you for the replies, I was thinking along the lines of around £250, so I wasn't too far out.

umbongo(uk) 20:22 30 Jul 07

depending on were your going to sell id ask £300-£350 for it

mainly due to the lian-li case and lcd+operating system making the price up

jack 20:24 30 Jul 07

The only advantage for a self built is satisfaction that you get exactly the combinations of components you want- and the satisfaction of saying to your self - 'I did- my way' but only to your self.
No one else would care.

joe r,
when you come to sell send me a pm,i would be interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…