What exactly do you need to protect PC?

I have anti-virus and a firewall running on my PC. Is there anything else I need or that would be beneficial? I am using AOL Active Virus Shield and Sygate Personal Firewall.

Technotiger 21:14 22 Feb 07

At least one other is Lavasofts "AdAware SE Personal" free at click here

Totally-braindead 21:15 22 Feb 07

One anti virus
One firewall
Two or three malware programs and
Ccleaner to help clear out junk.

All are available free if you wish.

VoG II 21:17 22 Feb 07

Spybot click here
Superantispyware click here
Spywareblaster click here
AVG Antispyware click here
Windows Defender click here
A-squared click here

It is not necessary to run these 'all the time'.

p;3 21:21 22 Feb 07

also; a sensible user

you can plough as much protection onto a computer as you wish within reason but if it is not used properly and kept updated.....

Technotiger 21:22 22 Feb 07

All good suggestions above - but do not run more than one Anti-virus.

Input Overload 22:08 22 Feb 07

I use:

Nod32
Windows Defender
SuperAnti-Spyware (paid for)
BoClean
SpywareBlaster
Ad Aware

Bogbrain 22:17 22 Feb 07

Get an anti keylogger programme too - also HiJack this, but as someone has already said some people are so stupid either through ignorance or apapthy to not update this stuff and still get a wrecked pc and often wonder why.

Ok now I have AV, Zone-Alarm Pro which includes anti-spyware and Windows Defender. Anything else?

p;3 08:05 23 Feb 07

I use adaware, spybot, a squared. trend on line houscall (occasionally) and a sensible surfing habit including use of mailwasher for e mails ;

the computer is only as good as the person who uses it/protects ( I am in the middle of cleaning a badly infected PC which has zilch protection on it an an attrocous user habit); if you have bad surfing habits and lack of protection,,,expect the worse;

update programs daily and run frequently

ed-0 08:12 23 Feb 07

Spyware blaster. Stops them getting onto the machine in the first place, so you don't need to scan to get rid of them.

After 18 months running with avg, windows firewall, crap cleaner and spywareblaster. I downloaded A squared, adaware and spy bot. Adaware pick 7 inconsequential entry's( from Microsoft media player ) then ran the other two. They found nothing.

thats why I use spywareblaster.:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5