What ever happened to drvspace?

jeez 00:54 23 Apr 03

I'm going back a few years now but there is one utility that I sorely miss from win98, drvspace, I know it was a controversial program but I tought it was great, doubling the space on your hard disk, saved me a few quid anyway. I wonder, does anyone know of a similar proggy for win xp? I know I've probably more chance of winning the lottery but if you don't ask....

DieSse 01:09 23 Apr 03

Go to Help and search for "Disk compression".

DieSse 01:10 23 Apr 03

PS - that's Help in WinXP, of course.

jeez 01:25 23 Apr 03

aah, sounds good, do you know how much space can be gained and if/how much performance will be affected

DieSse 01:34 23 Apr 03

Space saving you can experiment yourself - performance, I just don't know, but I think they use a zip type compressor, which has little impact in a modern system.

I have larger HDDs than I will likely ever need, so I'm not actually into compression ;-))

jeez 01:42 23 Apr 03

although my drive isn't exactly big by today's standards (40gb), I don't seem to be able to fill it, I suppose I'm just bieng greedy, but I will stop there's no sense in paying for disk space I don't currently need with system stability/performance eh? but at least it's now an option if I do fill the thing! thanks DieSse
:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017