What email program?

sputnick 11:20 22 Jan 11

Can anyone recommend a better mail program than Windows Live Mail.
I`m fed up with mail being delayed.
I get mail on my Iphone at the same time as my Sky mail account but WLM sometimes take another couple of hours or even does not pick it up.
I`ve tried all the tricks suggested by WLM team but no improvement.
ISP is Sky,
Browser is IE8.
Windows 7.

bremner 11:52 22 Jan 11

Thunderbird click here

Jwbjnwolf 13:15 22 Jan 11

Opera 11
Opera has so much to it.
Rather than wasting hdd space for a seperate email program to you www browser, opera is like a internet related workstation. I mean, opera has everything built in that all the other browsers don't have built in.

I have obviously made my mum switch from firefox to opera as she says that she don't use firefox no more.

Jwbjnwolf 14:38 22 Jan 11

Oh yea, and i would be on my email now if the at symbol button hadn"t stopped working.lol
I have done "hadn"t" because i cannot do the other one.
lol :-)

Woolwell 15:18 22 Jan 11

If you want a fairly familiar e-mail client then go for Thunderbird. I have tried Opera mail but have gone off it. You would have to add Opera which is probably just as much hard disc space as Thunderbird unless you uninstalled IE8 and I wouldn't recommend that as Opera doesn't open all sites correctly. BTW Opera is a quick browser and I quite like it as a browser.

sputnick 16:07 22 Jan 11

I`ve spent hours trying to configure both Opera and Thunderbird to my ISP settings but nothing works.
Looking at Thunderbird forums there seems to be a lot of config probs with POP3 accounts.

Woolwell 16:20 22 Jan 11

Have a look at this and the Thunderbird post click here

The Kestrel 17:04 22 Jan 11

Like Woolwell, I use Thunderbird with three different POP3 accounts running. I used the instructions for configuring the accounts provided by Thunderbird without any problems occurring.

Graham. 17:28 22 Jan 11

Your keyboard has gone all American.

woody 17:30 22 Jan 11

MS had good email with outlook and express later win mail.
Win live mail is a less than good idea - why did they change it so much?

Jwbjnwolf 17:36 22 Jan 11

I have now changed it to american layout and that button works now.
Stupid, i wonder if it were an american copy this version.

will say no more about the keyboard as not to do with topic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…