What is EIDE?

ambepc 22:56 06 Sep 03

Can someone please inform me what is maent by EIDE? Thanks.

Never again 23:02 06 Sep 03

Its a way of connecting hard drives, cd drives, etc to your motherboard.

Its basically the same as Ide but better, that E for enhanced.

sorry not to be a bit more technical, but the boffins must all be boiling thier kettles, and I'm the only one left.

mark500 23:03 06 Sep 03

IDE (Integrated Disk Electronics)

IDE supports only disks. EIDE supports a mixture of disks, tapes, and CDROM drives.
IDE supports only two devices. EIDE supports up to four devices on the same controller chip although it uses two cables.
EIDE allows large hard disks.

Never again 23:04 06 Sep 03

oh, sorry .........if forgot.

there are plently of previous postings about it so if you want the full mccoy then you should use the search facility,

good luck.

ambepc 23:22 06 Sep 03

Thankyou guys. I am enlightened. its just that i did use the search facility but nothing came up, hence the obvious question.

woodchip 23:23 06 Sep 03

Enhanced Integrated Drive Electronics

ambepc 23:50 06 Sep 03

I need to back up my system. can any one recommend an external cd rw under a 100pounds?
at the moment i have been looking at the pc advisor top 10, but cant make up my mind. i would like a reliable and high spec ish model for my money

whybe 00:10 07 Sep 03

CD RW, as you've ticked this I would recommend a new thread. Sorry I'm out of touch with current CD RW's.

Stuartli 08:38 07 Sep 03

A CD-RW rewriter from a top brand name (most are rebranded models anyway) costs between £30 and £40.

You can discover which manufacturers rebrand other makers' model at:

click here

as well as read up dozens of articles on anything to do with the subject of drives and their media.

A comprehensive list of who manufactures CD and DVD media, as well as who rebrands such products, can be found at:

click here

Both websites are well worth a visit - you will be surprised what you learn...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…