what is the easiset web page maker to use

holligan 20:58 16 Sep 03

i want a get what you see one.i tried the coffe one that was recomended but i could not understand it.is there a good but simple 1 for a thicko

Forum Editor 22:18 16 Sep 03

Now let me see...............

Come on now, I'm sure you're not a thicko, but I can understand how your first encounter with a WYSIWYG application could be a tad daunting.

See if you can get hold of a copy of NetObjects Fusion - it doesn't matter if it's not the lastest version - and practice with that. It's one of the easiest of the WYSIWYG programs. Start with a very simple site - two or three pages will do - and experiment with NOF's various site styles. You'll soon begin to make sense of it all, but don't expect it to happen overnight - because it won't. Keep coming back to this thread for help, and stop doing yourself down - you're not a thicko.

Gaz 25 18:19 17 Sep 03

You can create simple sites in word, but they are far from perfect if this is an important site, that you want people to stay on/.

I have been impressed with the results of Namo webeditor : click here

Also AceHTML 5 which is free sounds good.

I sometimes create them using the good old <html>
<title>My site title</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="my, site, hello, this, is, where, you, can, type, keywords, for, search, engines">......

But you can create just as impressivem if not better results with WYSIWYG.

Namo is my choice.

As you get more advanced, go for Dreamweaver.

But at £45 at dabs.co.uk namo is cheap and very good value.

SheffieldSpy 08:55 18 Sep 03

My favourite, as a beginner is Frontpage Express. Its free, and available on any ISP or Internet Explorer disc earlier than version 5.5. I've only had one problem, which is if I colour the text and then put a hyperlink in. The hyperlink is that colour, regardless of what is in the <body> tag.

tbh72 11:44 18 Sep 03

I would recommend Frontpage 2000 onwards, for the simple reason that you can switch between WYSIWYG view, code view or preview with ease. It also has another feature which is hardly mentioned, in the WYSIWYG view you can turn on labels & when you hover over the label's it gives you the tag properties.

You can make great sites with ease & thrown into the benefit you can learn alot about HTML / Properties into the bargain.

Legolas 21:52 19 Sep 03

Try cool page click here

I created this web site using it and xara webstyle
click here

Jon-232376 00:12 20 Sep 03

well i would start by using user friendly packages like serif webplus 6 or higher. you can download full copies of these of the net, once you take them to their limitations then your ready to use dreamweaver, golive or frontpage, never jump in at the deep end, take it easy, here is my first ever site made with a serif package -
click here now i have sites like - click here and click here
but the main thing is to have content, something you have knowledge about or are passionate about, as in fairness i've seen all these great sites using all the best net design hasta offer but bore me after 2 minutes as they have no content. hope this helps, everyone starts somewhere, (i've just done my first lap .... lol)

holligan 15:11 20 Sep 03

I will try them sometime.Just got NOF mx with a mag so i will try that. see what a mess i can make of it if i can understand it.cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…