What DVD Discs do i need to buy?

Internetwhizzkid 14:29 12 Nov 06

hi,
my new laptop is arriving on tuesday. now it has a Internal 8x DVD +/RW- drive.

Now when i have look for disks there are DVD R + and - but what does this mean.

from looking it does it mean that i will need DVD R + disks and
and DVD RW - for rewriteable

Thanks
Ben

mike1967 14:33 12 Nov 06

You can you use whatever you want, if you are going to copy movies check what youre dvd player will take, eg the dvd players in my house only play +r so thats all I buy

Hertz Van Rentyl 14:36 12 Nov 06

See which formats your burner supports first, then purchase discs with the appropriate format.
Most burners write either R- or R+ and most players play either so take your pick.

mike1967 14:40 12 Nov 06

Are you sure most players take both? I was shocked when my player wouldnt play -r

I do think all players will play +r though

Hertz Van Rentyl 14:44 12 Nov 06

How old is it

Internetwhizzkid 14:46 12 Nov 06

this laptop is brand new i havent got it yet but the incvoice says it has a dvd burner etc i just want to get the right discs not the wrong ones

Koochy 14:46 12 Nov 06

I have lookied into this a couple of times now and the best way i had it described to me was just like back in the old days VHS and Beta max in the end VHS won because it was the cheaper option even though the Beta max supposedly offered the higher quality.
I have been told that +R gives a better quality (although not really noticeable on normal equipment but usually the -R are cheaper. Most DVD players will now play both (especially the cheaper ones) so i would recommend -R IF you burner will accept them.

Koochy

mike1967 14:47 12 Nov 06

it will probably copy using any to be honest but just chech by reading the literature when you get it

Hertz Van Rentyl 14:54 12 Nov 06

click here One for your Christmas list under £30 in Tesco's

Hertz Van Rentyl 14:59 12 Nov 06

Try this link
click here

mike1967 15:30 12 Nov 06

Look the big word here is the cheaper ones play anything my sont one only like +r

My daughters cheapo plays anything but thats not the question raised in the begining was it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…