What drivers and where?

bafty_crastard 20:44 13 Aug 03

Have just re-formatted my HDD and as it was an unexpected failure I was unable to save the drivers. The problem I've got is my PC fails to detect the modem so I assume it's the driver. The modem is either a HSP MicroModem 56 or more likely a MR Modem Wave Device. The other problem is upon start-up I'm asked to provide a driver for PCI card which I believe is attached to the motherboard(Micro-Star MS-6183).My os is 98SE my PC is a Tiny P3 550Mhz with 256Mb of RAM. Where do I go for the drivers?TR

woodchip 20:52 13 Aug 03

Do you have any disc's that you should have with the Computer

Jomi 20:53 13 Aug 03

hsp micromodem 56 drivers click here

-pops- 21:00 13 Aug 03

No help this time but, for the future, download WinDrivers Backup from click here

bafty_crastard 21:58 13 Aug 03

No, there were no disks wih my PC because it was given to me without them. The guy who formatted my HDD used his own disk and checked it for the drivers, no joy. pops, I did a backup of drivers but for whatever reason these ones are not to be found I'm not sure if it was WinDrivers Backup. We have loaded some on from this source but not these two. TR

bafty_crastard 22:17 13 Aug 03

Any ideas about the sound card attached to the motherboard? TR

woodchip 22:18 13 Aug 03

Well if you can tell us the exact Modem We can probably find the drivers. You could have a look inside the box at the modem card for reference letters numbers etc.

woodchip 22:21 13 Aug 03

PS if the modem fit's in a small slot then you will also need the motherboard model as it will need a driver for the cnr port

dfghjkl 23:32 13 Aug 03

i had a tiny,it had a matsonic 8308e motherboard,with a hsp56,i got driver from click here free ,take side of pc it might have a sticker in the centre of motherboard,on xp pro it also tells you in start/programs/system info,you can get a free copy of manual from site also, i loaded xp from 98se and it never recognised modem,

hugh-265156 23:49 13 Aug 03

click here its free but you need to sign up for a password first.

found 260 results for hsp micromodem

after you create an account click driver archive search click simple search and enter the details.

deviecoops 00:16 14 Aug 03

when my comp starts up i always get this message.usndsys.386 initialization error was unable to locate the windows systemhardware please check your hardware software configuration and restart your computer.hpw do i get rid off this??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…