what dose "Emuleators" mean

DrLector 20:38 13 Aug 06

a friend has asked me what emulators mean and i dont know ? he said he was tring to load a game on his pc and it came up saying emulatore detected ? and wouldnot play it

sean-278262 20:41 13 Aug 06

Emulator. It emulates something ie it copies how it works. Emulating a game is the process of playing games such as dgen for an emulator of the megadrive. However some emulation (basically all of it) is illegal and I would rather keep my PCA account by not going any further and risking getting in trouble.

A

Stuartli 20:41 13 Aug 06

It's a means of emulating or using an established standard.

For instance you used to be/are able to run the old Sinclair Spectrum games on a computer by emulating the original machine's operation.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:49 13 Aug 06

he said he was tring to load a game on his pc and it came up saying emulatore detected ? and wouldnot play it

This can happen if he has software to make virtual CD drives installed.

woodchip 20:53 13 Aug 06

Something that pretends to be the real thing. As in Loading a CD you can use a CD Emulator that copies the CD to the Hard Drive so you do not have to keep putting the CD in the drive. It works as if you are using the CD

Catastrophe 04:12 14 Aug 06

Emuleators

Things pretending to be electronic donkeys?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…