//some 3rd party need geo

What Domain Name

Micklemass 19:19 22 Jun 04

Just wondered what the thought is of a dash in a domain name? Should it be fap-gene.org.uk or fapgene.org.uk. or does it really matter. Heard mentioned once that the dash was more of a continental approach to domain names.

Cheers
Micklemass

phil 21:53 22 Jun 04

Hasn't harmed my site Harriers-Online click here

I get about 2000 hits a week and if you type it in without the hyphen in Google it still finds the site.

Forum Editor 23:34 22 Jun 04

of how easily-understood the name is in whatever form you select.

If I was deciding between wonderfulforum.com and wonderful-forum.com I would opt for the latter - it's easier to read, and has less tension in it. I wouldn't worry about continental approaches, that's meaningless in this context. What is as important as anything else is the domain name suffix, because that will have a strong influence on traffic. The .org high level denotes charities and not-for-profit organisations, and isn't really appropriate for anything else.

Micklemass 07:47 23 Jun 04

Thanks for the advice. Was just curious about it before thinking of a name. Seems fap-gene is ok. Then can have .co.uk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…