What does this software do?

Simsy 15:20 12 Jul 08

Folks,
in anticipation of the arrival of a new scanner for my sister, which I will have to install for her, I'm downloading the up to date drivers in advance...

It's a CanoScan Lide 25, and will be running on Win XP home. When I go to the Canon site and enter the relevant details I eventually end up at the following page, click here where by entering "WinXP" and "English" as the options there are 3 bits of software available for download...

1) The Toolbox. (I know what that is)
2) Devdrv
3) Scangear (Which is the driver software)

It's not clear to me what the 2nd item, Devdrv, is. Does anyone know?

(I have an older Canon scanner, CanoScan FB630U, and only need the Scangear and Toolbox for it to work perfectly.)

I have downloaded it in anticipation, but what's it for? I can't sem to find out on the Canon site, nor via Google.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 15:24 12 Jul 08

It is the uninstaller click here=

Basically, you need this if you want to re-install the drivers. I had to do this once, although it turned out that the scanner drivers was not the issue - it was a USB driver problem :o(

Simsy 15:27 12 Jul 08

The name now makes sense as well.... Deldrv = "delete driver" I suppose.

Why is it that I can never find these things? I did a search for "Deldrv" with no joy!!

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

T0SH 16:28 12 Jul 08

You most likely searched for "Devdrv" which was what you posted

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…