What does Service Pack 2 download as? help needed

I have downloaded SP2 to my PC (some time ago) but not loaded it. I'm now ready to load it but cannot find it- what is it called (prob. a stupid question but just in case it isn't called SP2 !!!)
I tried update on the MS site but it just gave a load of "K" numbers and didn't refer to SP2, why is that? Is there a chance it could have loaded without me knowing?

JIM 18:19 09 Feb 05

Do you have broadband connection?

If yes would run the install from the windows update site on to your system.Let windows manage the install for you.

VoG II 18:21 09 Feb 05

WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

I do have BB but that is what I'm concerned about I did automatic update and there was alist of 22 things and not one was called Service Pack 2 (and they totalled 22 mins in all DL time)

JIM 18:22 09 Feb 05

Sorry re read part of your post.If you have SP2,your bootup to windows will start with blue bars instead of the green from old (blue bars across screen left to right)

Will look for that thanks VoG!!

JIM 18:25 09 Feb 05

if on desktop go to start,right click on my computer and select properties,open and will tell you if SP2 is installed.

Well when I go to windows update WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe
is not one of the updates recommended.
How do I check which service pack I am running?
Thinking about it, everytime I start the computer I get a message sayoing new updates are ready for your computer, click to install perhaps i should do that first?

Thanks Jim it is SP 1, am going to try restarting etc will let you know how it goes!!

I've loaded SP2 and it seems ok. Only prob is I wanted to use Norton Firewall and despite choosing in set up not to have windows one on, it is on and wont switch off. Is there another route to it to switch it off?

VoG II 20:23 09 Feb 05

Start, Control Panel, Windows Firewall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…