What does N.O.F. mean?

pj123 13:58 19 Nov 03

I keep seeing the initials nof, N.O.F. but what do they mean?

Taran 14:03 19 Nov 03

NetObjects Fusion click here

It's an excellent WYSIWYG web editor that is easy to use for beginners but has the potential to create some really high level sites and includes a lot of very powerful features.

It's a little gem and I'm quite fond of it.

T

pj123 15:01 19 Nov 03

Thank you Taran, so am I using it on some of my websites without knowing it? Try click here or click here or click here

Taran 15:05 19 Nov 03

So it would appear.

This probably just goes to show something...

;o)

STEVE71163 16:30 19 Nov 03

Hi Taran,
How does it compare with Frontpage? Is it easier to use?

Thanks

Steve

Taran 21:17 19 Nov 03

It's the one WYSIWYG editor that I recommend aside from FrontPage for web newcomers since it's easy to use but capable of superb results if you take the time to learn it.

I still think that FP has more to offer in some vital areas but, like most programs along these lines, nothing does it all.

NetObjects has a nice collection of bells and whistles that can be used on their own or to enhance an existing site. The latest version is seriously good, but you'll be getting version 7 from your 1&1 package which is still an excellent tool. It's got one of the fastest image gallery wizards that I've ever seen and lots of other goodies.

FrontPage, with its extensions, offers the best built-in form handling I know of where you can choose from or combine email, flat file or dynamic database handlers. If you put FrontPage and NetObjects together you have a formidable set of tools indeed, but you can only benefit from either of them if you take the time to learn them.

I like NetObjects and its ease of use sometimes fools the user into thinking it's a lot less capable that it actually is.

I'm sure you'll enjoy using it.

Regards

Taran

Forum Editor 23:15 19 Nov 03

has been around for a long time, and it's an old favourite for many people - including me. It's not up there with DreamWeaver, but then nothing really is, although the new version of FrontPage comes close in many areas. Nothing's perfect, and as Taran says - you need to work with several applications if you're seriously into web design.

There is one other program that never gets a mention, and it's a pity. Adobe GoLive is an incredibly powerful and versatile tool that can rival DreamWeaver on several fronts. It's a pity that its interface is such a pain to get to grips with, but if you persevere you'll have a real treat in store.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:58 20 Nov 03

notepad and fear of spiders myself :), but can recomend NOF.

Taran 12:04 20 Nov 03

I almost never recommend Adobe GoLive in this forum because of that painful interface mentioned by Forum Editor. Its output is potentially superb, but the learning curve is steep and completely unlike any other mainstream web editor. It is also comparatively expensive.

GoLive, like its Macromedia counterpart, has some serious tricks up its sleeve, particularly concerning its interaction with other Adobe products that allow you to integrate files from Illustrator, Photoshop and other products.

In terms of sheer power and features though, it is right up at the top with Dreamweaver for many things.

One of these days someone will manage to inegrate the best of Dreamweaver, GoLive, FrontPage, NetObjects, CoffeeCup HTML Editor and possibly TopStyle Pro and HomeSite to boot. When they do we'll all fall to our knees and worship them for producing the best web editor out there. Until something else comes along of course...

T

pj123 12:42 20 Nov 03

Thanks everyone for your time and comments. Have now got something else to learn. Ticked.

holligan 12:48 20 Nov 03

its me who keeps putting it on. as iam always getting stuck with it......thats why you always see it haha

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5