what does this mean and how can i fix it?

denis93 05:18 26 Feb 10

ORK PROPERLY.YOU CAN ACTIVATE HARDWARE ACCELERATION USING THE DIRECTX DIAGNOSTICS TOOL."
i ran dxdiag.exe but do not understand it,my dvd-rw drive only reconizes cdi have windows xp home service pack 3,i get this error message.
"HARDWARE ACCELERATION IS DEACTIVATED.SOME CAPTURE DEVICES MAY Ns and not dvds ,what is wrong here,help me please,thank you.

STREETWORK 07:50 26 Feb 10

Could be that your DVD drive is using a generic driver. download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website and install it using the manufacturers guide...

denis93 08:18 26 Feb 10

i dont know the manufactures

Technotiger 08:43 26 Feb 10

The manufacturer is usually shown on the front of the drive - normally on the actual Drawer.

Taff™ 09:52 26 Feb 10

Or you l find it in Device Manager. Open Control Panel>System and select Hardware Tab. Expand the plus sign next to DVD/CD ROM drives and pick up the infor from there. Just google the drive name and you`ll find out the manufacturer.

Alternatively in Device Manager, right click the DVD drive and uninstall. Reboot the computer and it may find the correct drivers automatically.

MAJ 10:05 26 Feb 10

You seem to have two problems and I'm not sure if they are linked or not.

1. The error message: Go to control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced button, on the Troubleshooting tab, move the slider to adjust the Hardware Acceleration, click OK, Apply and OK to exit, see if it helps.

2. The DVD Drive problem: Optical drives don't need any other drivers other than those contained in Windows, so the fact that you'r's is not reading DVDs but will read CDs, is nothing to do with the drivers. Explain in detail what is happening in this case, which type of DVDs will not play? All DVDs or just Video DVDs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009