What does this mean?

Sisha 08:47 26 Apr 03

Call me Mr thickey but when trying to update my BIOS the instructions have asked me to do this
"Extract the BIOS-archive that you have downloaded by double clicking to c:\test"
Do I create a folder called test simply on C (or D as its a dual boot system?) and then what

AndySD 08:58 26 Apr 03

Post a link to the page you are looking at.

Sisha 09:01 26 Apr 03
  AMD 4 ever 09:19 26 Apr 03

It would help to keep on thread open too!
Have you ever considered it is not a common thing to do to 'Just update the BIOS' it isn't like windows...it should only be used if you find yourself having hardware trouble etc...now you are experiencing hardware trouble. What made you update and perhaps it isn't the BIOS, maybe we can help!

Sisha 09:26 26 Apr 03

However, due to the MSI auto software, it is promoted as almost being as easy as updating windows (foolish of me I know) I have tried and exhausted so many other options and this is the only thing I updated on my system.

temp003 09:29 26 Apr 03

Some downloaded files will extract themselves to a particular folder (and create the folder in the process). I think this is one of them. I think all you need to do is double click the downloaded file.

Then check to see if the files have been extracted to C:\test. If so, let that be (no need to change to D:\test), and follow the instructions.

If for any reason the files have been extracted to D:\test, when you type the words (after you reboot with a floppy), type D instead of C.

Sisha 09:36 26 Apr 03

Thanks for that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…