What does the little box mean???

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 08:58 09 Aug 04

Hi all,
On streaming web pages the page is blank but there is a little box in the corner that has a red square, Green and blue triangle. It is very small, but it is not letting me veiw the contents of the page.....Can anyone help???

Always in ore....:@)

Wak 09:23 09 Aug 04

Hi, The little box with the shapes in it is letting you know that you cannot view the web page, as you have already discovered.
One reason can be that the page you are wanting to see is a PDF file and the plug-ins from the Adobe program have been removed from Internet Explorer by simply updating I.E.
When you update I.E. it removes all plug-ins and these must be replaced by re-installing Adobe.
It can also mean that your security/Privacy level setting is too high (blocking required cookies, etc). Go to Tools/ Internet Options/ Privacy and reduce to MEDIUM.
I'm sure someone else will soon give you other reasons for the little box.

Stuartli 09:29 09 Aug 04

If you go to IE's Tools>Options>Advanced tab, scroll down and check that Show Pictures is enabled (ticked) under MultiMedia.

I have no windows 98 CD?

I have changed my settings to Low, but still no joy. I think you are right in that something is defo missing..BUT....Can I get it back????

It seems to be streaming chat I can't veiw????...Does this help???

:@)

Stuartli 09:33 09 Aug 04

Adobe Reader is a separate utility and nothing to do with your operating system disk - current version is 6. You can find it on most magazine cover computer disks.

Wes Tam ;-) 09:34 09 Aug 04

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) If you have a firewall installed have you checked your settings?

Wish I could draw the box, as I think someone would go ahhhhhhh..I know what that is, and what I can do to erradicate it...:@)

Stuartli 09:37 09 Aug 04

Don't have Security or Privacy settings too low - you'll only create more problems than you solve.

Use Default if necessary and adjust from there.

Here's Microsoft's comprehensive guide to such settings in IE:

click here

Stuartli 09:44 09 Aug 04

This website is very slow this morning - have you checked the Show Pictures box?

Everything else seems to be OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…