what does bump mean?

doctor92 20:48 05 May 06

i see quite a lot of postings on here where people just say "bump". what does that mean? or is it really obvious and should i know already?

ruskle 20:51 05 May 06

I have asked the same question in the past and was told that if you have posted a query and had no reply for a while just go to "reply to this subject" and put bump in the text.
This takes it back to the top of the pile again, otherwise it just gets lost down the line.

Ruskle.

ade.h 20:52 05 May 06

Standard forum speak; it "bumps" threads that have dropped off the radar. As such, it's normally used only when a thread has dropped down 2 or 3 pages or has been unanswered for a few days. Refresh and ^ are variations of it.

iscanut2 20:53 05 May 06

At the top of the page where it shows " Search Forum", type in the word Bump and you will see many previous threads re this which I hope will explain all.

Totally-braindead 21:52 05 May 06

Some use the word bump some use < it all serves the same purpose moving the posting up the line if theres been no answer for a while.

rdave13 23:20 05 May 06

Another good one is "bookmarked". This means if you want to keep the info on a certain thread then just post the above and you can access the information under "your postings" rather than trawling the threads or using the "search postings" box on the top right.

Belatucadrus 00:14 06 May 06

B ring
U p
M y
P ost

Bump

doctor92 09:49 06 May 06

thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…