what does 3rd party mean

david889 12:07 24 Mar 06

what does 3rd party mean

De Marcus™ 12:13 24 Mar 06

In what context?

david889 12:13 24 Mar 06

applications or windows xp

ACOLYTE 12:15 24 Mar 06

It means sotfware that was not originally shipped with the OS.Like spybot/adaware MS operating systems dont have these so if you install them you are installing 3rd party software.

I think thats right anyway,lol.

terryf 12:15 24 Mar 06

You are the first party, the person that you are talking/writing to is the second party and anyone else involved in the matter is the 3rd party as in car insurance, you, the insured are 1st, the insurance co is 2nd and anybody else is a 3rd party

terryf 12:16 24 Mar 06

Sorry I typed my spiel but got in too late :-)

rmcqua 12:19 24 Mar 06

In business, someone other than you and your direct business client.
For example, if company X had a customer company Y, who wanted assurance as to company Xs quality system, they may want to have it audited. To remove any possible conflict of interests, thsy decide to have it done by a separate, independent "Third Party" organization.
Or, if I am looking for a driver for a hardware device, and I don't want to use the maufacturer's own driver, I may look for a source of a "Third Party" driver, developed by an independent company.

hzhzhz 12:25 24 Mar 06

something thats less directly involved than the main thing.

Tim1964 13:36 24 Mar 06

If someone, who works for your car insurance company, were to crash into your car, would you need 2nd party/fire and theft insurance?

Or would they be the 2nd AND 3rd party????

ACOLYTE 13:42 24 Mar 06

It would make no difference who they worked for
there covered by the same rules as every other driver,and i doubt that the person you crashed into even if he/she worked for your insurance company would deal with the claim.

ACOLYTE 13:53 24 Mar 06

Also and I'm not 100% sure on this,that people who work for a certain insurance company cannot be insured by that company,i don't know if thats right or wrong,but it would open up a host of possibilities if the person decided to do a little tinkering with his/her policy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac