what do you use for spyware and/or virus checking?

theDarkness 20:59 02 Jan 10

I am wondering what everybody else uses or recommends for spyware detection, and if they think antispyware programs are still necessary in this day and age? I say this as so many antispyware programs are now trying to become fully fledged antivirus programs, and vice versa. This is surely becoming slightly confusing for the customer, especially if one program does better at catching one type over the other. I do not want to have to scan an entire system twice or more to make sure my system is not infected in one way or the other, especially when the size of hard drive are becoming able to store so much information.

On my system at the moment I use Avira antivirus, Malwarebytes as a backup antivirus, together with Spywareblaster to prevents installation of spyware, it does not detect it like other software. For removing spyware, I have Adaware.
I have noticed alot of people trying to recommend Superantispyware over programs such as Adaware and Spybot, but some review websites state Superantispyware is still poorer that many others at finding as high a detection as the others.. whether much has changed in the last couple of yrs, I do not know :-
click here

What do you use?

jamesd1981 21:10 02 Jan 10

i use microsoft security essentials its free and i think very good also theres avg free its pretty good, spywareblaster, and i like a program called iobit security 360 it seems really good at picking up trojans etc.

Graphicool1 13:12 03 Jan 10

AVAST Anti-Virus
click here
Spyware Terminator
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…