What do you think of my site?

Camille 00:20 08 Feb 04

This is my first attempt at building a site using the freewebs site builder. I've set it up to give my GCSE students basic info on coursework and so on.
I'd be very grateful for any comments/suggestions

click here

move the text links another space of the edge, it will help their legibility, other than that its hard to find fault. The counter seems a little incongruous, maybe it could go.

Camille 01:12 08 Feb 04

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, the freewebs sitebuilder automatically sets the links.
I'm aiming to learn how to build a site from scratch in the summer holidays.

I put in the counter purely out of vanity - and to see if the boys actually used the site!

Gaz 25 01:13 08 Feb 04

Make the counter invisible. 1x1 pixels, but keep the images URL, so you can check it.

Camille 01:36 08 Feb 04

Counter now invisible - thanks for the advice

Gaz 25 01:42 08 Feb 04

Its fine.

Gaz 25 01:43 08 Feb 04

Good site now.

Gaz 25 01:43 08 Feb 04

Its only that counters act like spyware to some people. They just hate them.

Camille 01:47 08 Feb 04

Hadn't actually thought of that - but I see what you mean. In any case, when I went into the site manager I noticed that freewebs give a detailed breakdown of site traffic anyway.

I've still got a LOT to learn :)

Gaz 25 02:03 08 Feb 04

Its fine.

You will pick it up, its simple.

Forum Editor 09:51 08 Feb 04

it's clear, functional, and easy to navigate, and a lot of people who call themselves web designers could learn something from it. Your sparing use of font styles does you credit, as does your choice of colour.

My one word of advice would be to publish your email address as a graphic, rather than a hyperlink (which will tend to attract spammers).

All in all a very good effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…