What do you think?

Chaz10 21:41 26 Jan 06

Just built a new website for a mate and was hoping for a little feedback on what people thought,this is my first site so try not to be too harsh with the comments although all feedback is much appretiated.

Thanks

Chaz

Chaz10 21:42 26 Jan 06

sorry click here

spuds 21:43 26 Jan 06

Where's the link! :o)

ade.h 21:45 26 Jan 06

Once I got into it, I found the style to be very elegant and clean.

However, my immediate reaction was to hit the mute button on my keyboard, as that awful electronic muzak blasted out at me as soon as I had permitted the script. It's not appropriate, it's off-putting and it's a gimmick.

I'll go through the site fully and get back to you.

Chaz10 21:51 26 Jan 06

Thanks for that, i've scrapped the intro,I hated it but mate liked it I thought that it was to noisy and put me off.

ade.h 21:51 26 Jan 06

We have to say this a lot; watch your grammar and punctuation. For example "Hedgesdirect are part of a established company..." should say "Hedgesdirect is part of a established company..."

"Thankyou for visiting. Please come back soon" at the bottom of every page.... I haven't gone anywhere yet.

Photos are bit too small.

The contact page has very small contact details that are dominated by the distorted card logos.

On a good note; my initial reaction to your site style has held true, apart from the above points. It is very modern, attractive and clean. Professional-looking - which unfortunately has the effect of accentuating the weak spots - and you have avoided any green cliches.

ade.h 21:52 26 Jan 06

"Hedgesdirect is part of a established company..."

That needs a second correction, of course; "an" in place of "a".

Chaz10 21:55 26 Jan 06

Nice points ade.h will change, it is only my first but with the help you are giving me I can only improve

Thanks

ade.h 21:58 26 Jan 06

It is an excellent first effort, Chaz. I assume that you did it in Dreamweaver, and to learn that program when you are new to web design is brave of you. I use NOF and occasionally FP instead.

spuds 22:00 26 Jan 06

Plain, straight to the point,clean and simple.

Would suggest that you gave more contact information to perhaps cover yourself re Distance Selling regulations. Perhaps add planting times and information, for the novice or budding planter.

Try to cut out the 'we' on most of the sentences.

Chaz10 22:03 26 Jan 06

Thanks, points taken will sort it out some more tommorrow, thanks again for your help.

Getting late(knackered)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…