What do you think?

Gaz 25 22:32 07 Feb 04

No harsh comments, but please let me know any niggles or display problem. The website IS NOT done yet, and the first one was a mess, so this is by far an improvement.

First one: click here

Nice New fresh one: click here

Regards,
Gareth

Forum Editor 23:18 07 Feb 04

Time to fill it with content - then let's have another look.

1. Change the Font, Verdana would be a better choice.
2. Change the colour of your links, orange and green is not good.
3. change the graphics; Use your own, or at least clean them up you've got some chronic jaggies.

Overall though the layout is clear enough although you need to move the graphics on the left hand side at least a few pixels off the edge.If you only follow one piece of this advice change the Font.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:25 07 Feb 04

Times New Roman never looks right on a website (to me, anyway). Have you tried it with Veranda or similar?

Like the rest of the layout though.

Good luck, Whiz...

Gaz 25 23:31 07 Feb 04

Thanks, the font should now be changed, the images are a little difficult to get right, but I will try. Thing is, I asked microsoft over the > buttons, they said that that was fine for the purpose. But the house image and the ? symbol were from a program with royalty free images in I just converted them into Gifs.

Regards,
Gareth

thats better, give it try with a size smaller, verdana goes a little funny at certain sizes.

you could go a little bigger with the title and try it without the screen icon top-left.

Gaz 25 23:54 07 Feb 04

Done all as requested there.

Gaz 25 00:01 08 Feb 04

I have also changed the margins, and made the images have a Horizontal space between the edge of the page and the icon.

I would prefer not to loose my colour scheme blue, orange and lime. I think it looks very XPish.

now you're really getting there!

just the link colours,

click here yours if its any use to you, (cut a fraction off the right hand side to make a small bit to stretch across the page.

Djohn 00:04 08 Feb 04

I like the colours too Gareth, very nice. The site looks very promising, looking forward to seeing it finished. j.

Gaz 25 00:12 08 Feb 04

Thanks Djohn. I havent heard from you in ages, thanks once again.

horiz5 - How the hell did you create that banner? It looks very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…