Samsung Galaxy S8 review
Many users suffered from the recent, viruses released worldwide.
However, by taking the right precautions - it is easy to prevent 'nasty' little programs installing, without your knowledge.
So follow our simple tutorial, and hopefully you will not suffer from browser hijacker attacks, auto-spyware intallations, etc!
1. Go to Windows Update and install any critical updates avaliable.
2. Open Add/Remove Programs > Windows Setup tab and remove Windows Scripting Host.
3. Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Uncheck 'Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer)'. OK.
4. Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet zone. Click the Custom level button and set the ActiveX controls as: Download signed ActiveX controls - Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls - Disable Initialize and script ActiveX control not marked as safe - Disable Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - Prompt Run ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting - Prompt **Note..If you get tired of the prompts, set the last two to enable.
5. Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab. Click the Advanced button. Set it to Accept first party cookies and Block third party. OK.
6. Install update and run SpywareBlaster. Check for updates once a week.. SpywareBlaster
7. Open Spybot and click the Immunize button. Check 'Lock Hosts file' and 'Lock IE Start Page'.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.