What do you lot think of this computer?

LBensley 12:53 21 Aug 13

Case: Zalman Z11 plus (4 fans included) Motherboard: MSI H87-G4 Processor: intel i7 4770 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Performance 2x4gb Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti HDD: Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s  PSU: Corsair TX750

i have a basic dvd/cd drive which im not to bothered about.

have i missed anything? and how will this perform playing games such as league of legends? is there any other parts you would recomend? i cant go much over £820

nickf 19:20 25 Aug 13

Nothing wrong with what you have chosen , but you could do better , and have a more balanced system . Whilst its great to have the latest tech , you might consider an ivy bridge CPU instead of Haswell , also go for an i5 , i7 is great but more than you will need . Go for a Z MoBo instead of an H range , they are more aimed at enthusiasts. Try to squeeze your budget to get a SSD ( best investment I have made ) . Double your Ram , especially if you go for a SSD , all indications are that having 16Gb of Ram can significantly increase the life of a SSD . GPU fine, as a general rule I try and spend roughly the same on a GPU as I do for the monitor . The PSU is a good one , but far more than you need . A good branded 600W will be more than enough . I hope this helps , good luck .

Chronos the 2nd 12:13 26 Aug 13

Even with a decent SSD it is unlikely that you would hit 8GB let alone 16GB or RAM. Apart from that I agree with what nickf has advised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…