What do u think about Time PC

Weeby Vuit 11:21 10 Jan 03
  Weeby Vuit 11:21 10 Jan 03

i am thinking about buying a Pc from Time, but i have heared different opinions. Should i or not.

it is a 2Ghz Athlon
512 ram
120Gb
Printer
Carmrea
cd-rw
dvd
windows xp
29 software packs
ethernet card
office suite

what do u think?

MalcSP 12:01 10 Jan 03

I have probably seen the bad side because of my previous role as owner of a PC business (It's still trading - I sold my share). My staff did the work but I dealt with the customers who came in for repairs etc. With Time the tale, even on PCs still under warranty, was that after sales support was abysmal. Pcs were collected and not seen for six weeks and more and were returned only after furious phone calls. Support Desk help was of the 'your call is really important to us' variety. Repairing was a nightmare because of the poor specs of the PCs and even memory upgrades were a problem. Sometimes the motherboard had only two PCI slots. But, they might be better nowadays. It is nine months since I sold my shares!

rickf 12:09 10 Jan 03

I personally would'nt go near one.

MalcSP 12:20 10 Jan 03

You've opened two threads on the same subject. Why? It is interesting to see that the responses are diametrically opposite on each thread. At least they were when I read them. I do endorse going to an independant. If you are prepared to wait for your PC a couple of days you will probably get a better PC for your money.

Sir Radfordin™ 12:24 10 Jan 03

TIME work hard to keep customers who post problems on this site happy. The work they do here (Chris) has helped to make me think of them as a viable option for buying a PC from.

They aren't the worst, though they may not be the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…