What to do with old PC?

Cal 09:53 05 Oct 04

After replacing my old Dell PII 350 about 3 years ago its still sitting in a box.
I really do have no use for it and was wondering what other people have done with their old, unused systems?

SANTOS7 09:57 05 Oct 04

There are a lot of Charities in your area that would greatly benefit from the donation of a PC.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:04 05 Oct 04

take it appart,use some of the usefull components and keep em for later,otherwise sell it on ebay.cheers.ben

Simsy 10:08 05 Oct 04

whatever you do, to get rid of any old data that may be on the HDD before it goes anywhere!

Regards,

Simsy

Sethhaniel 10:08 05 Oct 04

on a small island ;)

I always keep my old one for back-up in the event of a crash - as I publish a couple of quarterly magazines and the unforgivable happens near a deadline.
Check your family and friends first - its suprising how many are still surviving on even older computers or none at all - with the initial cost putting them off from joining the 21st century - And the guaranteed 'I wish I'd known you were getting rid of it'
And my old back up is only a 233mhz replaced this year - so even yours is an upgrade on that.
Don't worry there will be a home for it somewhere ;)

Sethhaniel 10:16 05 Oct 04

I till have my first IBM XT with 5.25" disk drive 20MB HD in attic - must have a sort out ;)

spuds 10:18 05 Oct 04

Someone with a similar request click here

Cal 08:52 06 Oct 04

Thanks for the suggestions guys and the link spuds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…