What to do: If your post is going down the page...

powerless 16:02 10 May 03

If you find your POST going slowly down the page and it looks like it is going to go onto page 2.

Please DO NOT start a new post, just simply reply to your post with "Refresh", "Bump", or anything you like. This will make it go to top of the first page, where everyone will once again be able to see it. This time people who have logged in (that were not logged in before) will see your post and hopefully they will have the answer to your problem.

graham√ 16:06 10 May 03

Hear Hear!

powerless 16:07 10 May 03

Refresh.

(Now it goes to the top of the page, but please leave it a little longer before you send it to the top - give the people time to respond)

Legolas 16:13 10 May 03

Very good Powerless a timely reminder and good info for newcomers. When I first came to this site over two years ago I was not conversant with either this site or sites of this type and I could not understand how some threads had answers saying "bump" "refresh" ">" and other strange words/symbols I am pleased to say it only took me about a week to work it out lol

VoG™ 16:13 10 May 03

crx1600 16:16 10 May 03

it is explained in the site policy,along with other terminology.but obviously new members dont read it:

"Refresh - if your problem isn't receiving any attention it will gradually slip down page 1 and onto page 2 or 3 - it depends on the number of threads being posted at any one time. You can bring your subject back to the top of the list by posting the word 'refresh' in it. Please don't so this more than once - it can irritate other users, and if you get no response the second time around it's possible that nobody in the forum can help on this occasion. It's rare for that to be the case however."
click here

powerless 16:18 10 May 03

I've never read it - otherwise i wouldn't of posted this lol.

But i think people will read this ;-)

crx1600 16:23 10 May 03

and thats why i linked it.ive been here a while and only read thru it recently.shame it isnt more prominent for the newbies.

maybe under a different heading?

powerless 16:26 10 May 03

Well i don't like to brag click here

"Disclaimer" hehehe

Goldcroft 16:43 10 May 03

You're right to caution "only once". This could be a dangerous thread. If everyone did it repeatedly then genuinely new threads would be discriminated against.

powerless 16:47 10 May 03

:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…