What Do I Need For Wireless Connection?

Learalike 18:21 12 Oct 04

I have bought a Tiny PC with 802.11g 54 Meg Wi-Fi Wireless system and I would like to connect it to my old computer which is a Advent P500 running Win98SE but I don`t know what card or whatever to buy for the Advent.The main reason for connecting them is to share my NTL Broadband connection so that my daughters can both be on the internet at the same time and give me a bit of peace.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

easyrider 21:57 13 Oct 04

First find out the make of wireless network card is fitted to your Tiny pc and then buy a wireless network card of the same make for your other pc.Then run network setup wizard on the Tiny pc first,follow instuctions when asked if you want to make a floppy to run setup on another pc answer yes, run network setup on other pc from floppy and all should be quiet in the house of Learalike

Learalike 16:50 14 Oct 04

Thanks alot Easyrider, I think I should be able to get it all sorted thanks to the straight forward no `Techy stuff` info supplied,can I just add a big thanks to all users for the `unknowing` help they give me concerning PCs with their responses to other questions in these Forums,keep up the great work. Tom.

easyrider 19:12 14 Oct 04

Pleased to help Learalike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…