//some 3rd party need geo

What do I need to set up a wireless system?

Saintsman 09:53 18 May 05

I have two PCs (in different rooms) and a lap top. I don't need them to talk to each other (although it may be an advantage sometimes). All I mainly want to do is to be able to connect them to the internet. I do have broadband. What do I need to buy?

Advice is appreciated.

Magik ®© 10:00 18 May 05

have a look on the BT home page, in their shop, they do the compleat kit, for any combination you can think of, I got mine from there one wireless adsl router and two cards, all set up and running in less than 15 minutes..

pj123 11:42 18 May 05

My friend has two computers connected via the Belkin F5D7230 Wireless Router (in the main computer) and Belkin F5D7001 Wireless Adapter in the secondary computer. Both can access the internet at the same time, but the "main" computer has to be switched on for the secondary computer(s) to access the internet.

Both items bought from Ebuyer.

dan11 12:16 18 May 05

It all depends on how you wish to run it and if you want the internet to run on all three machines.

If you have the main machine all ways running, then a wireless router will do for this machine. As pj123 says. This machine would need to be running so the others can connect to the internet. like click here

If you want any of the three machines to connect to the internet, whether the other 2 machines are switched on or not, then you need a wirelesss modem router for the main machine. This has a pcmcia card that would give wireless to the laptop. click here. This has a usb WiFi dongle, it can be plugged into the laptop usb slot or has a caddy for a desktop machine. This would give you WiFi to either the laptop or desktop and can be moved between the two. click here

So you would have to choose between a router or modem router for the main machine.

The laptop can take either a pcmcia card or a usb dongle.

The other desktop can take either a usb dongle, an internal PCI WiFi card.

routers click here
Modem routers click here
uUSB dongles click here
PCMCIA cards click here
PCI internal WiFi cards click here

Saintsman 13:02 18 May 05

Thanks to all who responded, particularly dan11 who put the time in include all the links. It is gratifying in this day and age that there are still people out there who will help total strangers.

Saintsman

Thanks to all who responded, particularly dan11 who put the time in to include all the links. It is gratifying in this day and age that there are still people out there who will help total strangers.

Saintsman

Thanks to all who responded, particularly dan11 who put the time in to include all the links. It is gratifying in this day and age that there are still people out there who will help total strangers.

Saintsman

dan11 18:58 18 May 05

It was no trouble and we all try to help each other.;-)

i just hope this gives you a clearer understanding of the things you will need, if you decide to go ahead.

woodchip 19:20 18 May 05

I have same setup this is what I got use. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…