What do i need to fax?

simonsup 10:12 08 Jan 10

Hi can i send a fax by just using my epson sx405 all in one printer and office although i cannot
see any fax options in either the printer settings
or in office?
Or do i need a fax machine?
Thanks

The Kestrel 10:28 08 Jan 10

As I understand it you cannot fax using broadband. If you have a dial-up modem in your PC/laptop then you can fax using that device as you need to be able to use a phone line with dialling tone. You don't necessarily need a fax machine as there are or were fax facilities built into windows (certainly XP had).

mgmcc 10:28 08 Jan 10

Some All-in-Ones do incorporate a fax machine but this is not the case with the Epson sx405.

Depending on your version of Windows, the facility for sending fax may be built in. It is in XP Home & Pro, the *business* versions of Vista (not Home Basic/Premium) and, I think, all versions of Windows 7. My Netbook with Win 7 Starter supports Fax, although it would be necessary to connect a V90/V92 dialup "Faxmodem".

simonsup 10:54 08 Jan 10

ok thanks peeps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…